1. What Personal information Is Collected
Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It may also include other information that can be associated with an identifiable individual. We may collect the following Personal Information:
- Contact Information that you provide as part of using the Visa Solution, such as your name, billing address, telephone number, and email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- Relationship Information that helps us do business with you, such as information about the financial institution or other entity that issued your Visa card, shopping and payment preferences, your use of payment methods and your accounts issued by third parties that are linked to the Visa Solution, services you use, and similar information that can help us understand you and offer you personalized content and offers.
- Checkout Information when you use the Visa Solution, including information on the merchants you are shopping with, your payment card number, payment card network, expiration date and security code (e.g., CVV2 of your payment card), billing address, the time and date of the transaction, and the amount of the transaction.
- Information about your Interactions with the Visa Solution, such as data collected when you:
- Use the Visa Solution (including information collected using Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies described below to the extent this information is Personal Information);
- Communicate with us, such as if you contact our customer service centers (including recordings of calls for quality and training purposes);
- Participate in promotions or programs; and
- Opt-in or out of marketing or offers, and other activities.
2. How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you and from other sources.
- In many cases, we collect Personal Information that you provide to us as part of using the Visa Solution directly from you. You may share Personal Information with us when you check out using the Visa Solution, register in or activate a card for the Visa Solution, including through a third party, such as a merchant’s website or application, or our Website, participate in a promotion, or sign up to receive messages from us. We also collect Personal Information from you when you contact us, such as for customer service purposes, or interact with us online.
- We receive Personal Information (including Card Transaction Data) from third parties who are authorized to give us information about you. For example, we may collect Personal Information from third party digital wallets, online merchants and other parties that help facilitate the checkout experience when you use the Visa Solution to make an online purchase. As another example, the Visa Solution may integrate with other services or functionalities offered by your issuer, such as an alerts service. If you choose to use such a service, we and your issuer may collect and share information (such as your mobile phone number for an alerts service) needed to make the service accessible through your Visa Solution account.
- We may collect information from publicly-available sources, such as social media sites or census data, when permitted by the site’s terms of service. For example, if you communicate with Visa using Facebook or Twitter, we may receive additional information about you from your profile. As another example, Visa may also monitor social media channels to learn about experiences that Visa Solution users choose to share, and we may respond to users through social media channels.
- We collect information about your interactions with the Visa Solution, or its Services, such as when you visit our Website, engage with our online advertisements, or contact us. For example, when you use the Visa Solution, Visa, third party digital wallets, online merchants and other parties that help facilitate the checkout experience may collect information by setting and accessing cookies and using similar tracking technologies on your computer or device, as described in the Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies section below. We treat this information as Personal Information when it is associated with other data elements that allow us to identify, locate or contact you.
- We receive Personal Information (including Card Transaction Data) from other Visa services if we are authorized to do. These services include ones that will, for your convenience, automatically update your payment account numbers, any tokens, and expiration dates, and delete invalidated cards, if your issuer participates in such a service.